[MITgcm-support] nonlinear free surface and orlanski boundary

Chun-Yan Zhou c.zhou at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 06:01:50 EDT 2012

Dear all,
 I try to run obcs with a non-linear free surface and Orlanski but the model stops with  an error saying that this
combination is not implemented. I wondered whether this combination is easy to implemented or not? I provide the boundary condition for Eta files in order to model the tide, but want to use orlanski condition for the temperature and salinity. Is there a better way to do this?
Any suggestion is highly appreciated! cheers!

Chunyan Zhou
Division of Civil Engineering
School of Engineering, Physics and Mathematics
College of Art, Science and Engineering
Fulton Building,G19
University of Dundee
Dundee, UK DD1 4HN