[MITgcm-support] Vertical Biharmonic Diffusivity & a Passing Solid Object.

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Sep 26 08:03:17 EDT 2011

Hi Jason,

1) vertical viscousity is only harmonic/laplacian. Vertical viscous fluxes are computed in mom_common/mom_[u,v]_rviscflux.F
This routine is called from either mom_fluxform/mom_fluxform.F or mom_vecinv/mom_vecinv.F
You might want to check out both routines to see how the horizontal biharmonic fluxes are computed.
2) Not quite clear to me what you want to do. Initial conditions (for velocity) can be specified in "data&PARM05". In general there is external_forcing.F that contains subroutines external_forcing_[u,v]. You can modify these to add extra tendencies to gU and gV.

Martin