[MITgcm-support] bathy file with Spherical Polar Grid

Lequan Chi lequanchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:07:35 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to use spherical ploar grid in my case. To do this, I only turn‘usingSphericalPolarGrid’on ( usingCartesianGrid=.FALSE. at the same time ), and give a value to ygOrigin. Nothing else has been done. The MITgcm just runs normally, no err. But I find the values in  “Depth.***.***.data”are all set to 0. Then I set the ‘usingCartesianGrid’to .TRUE. ( usingSphericalPolarGrid=.FALSE. ) and then restart the model. This time the values in “Depth.***.***.data”files are right.

I use the same barthy file during the two experiments above. I can’t understand why values in Depth.***.***.data are all 0 when I use Spherical Polar Grid.

Anything else is needed in the spherical polar grid?

Wish best wishes

Lequan Chi,