[MITgcm-support] MOM_BOUNDARY_CONSERVE

Christopher L. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 3 15:10:07 EDT 2011

Hi Jean-Michel,

I guess I'm just wondering if it's anything I need to worry about. I'm trying to do a momentum budget for a simulation and I'm having problems near the boundaries. I noticed this routing, but I couldn't figure out if it was relevant in my case. I have straight vertical walls that are one grid cell thick, so nothing complicated.

There's also a note in mom_?_sidedrag.F about not getting the correct result for `thin' walls. Is one grid cell thin or thick?

Thanks,
Christopher

Dr. Christopher L. Wolfe              	   858-534-4560
Climate, Atmospheric Science, and Physical Oceanography
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD  clwolfe at ucsd.edu