[MITgcm-support] Output record

Vincent Le Fouest vincent.lefouest at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:09:12 EST 2011

Dear users,

My understanding is that MITgcm computes averages of fields as follows:
var_timeave = var_timeave + var*deltaT, where dt is the model time step in
seconds.

I want to cumulate a variable over a month.

Considering my time step deltaT is 1200 seconds and that MITgcm averages
monthly (taveFreq=2592000. in data). Is it correct to multiply my
monthly-averaged field by 86400 (a day in seconds) and again by the number
of days of the month to obtain my monthly-cumulated field?

Thanks in advance

Vincent