[MITgcm-support] joinmds script

Neill Mackay neill_mackay at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 07:25:21 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to use MITgcm in mpi to produce some non-divergent velocity fields from input files, and while it seems to be partly working, the 'joinmds' script which runs to try and recombine the files from each processor is giving an error:

../../../utils/scripts/joinmds -D. vMeanOut 0000010101
Name "main::nrecords_" used only once: possible typo at ../../../utils/scripts/joinmds line 182.
./vMeanOut.0000010101.001.001.meta: meta file format error
There are 16 datasets.

Can anyone tell me what the error on the second line means? I'm not sure why there is a meta file format error, since these files are readable in Matlab.

Thanks,

Neill.