[MITgcm-support] EXCH2 grid parameter question clarification

Michael Siccha michael.siccha at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Nov 3 11:16:15 EDT 2011

Hello Jean-Michel,
thanks for your answers and suggestions. I will, for now, stick to the
most simple solution and run the model without EXCH2. I will gladly help
(in as far as I can) with the improvement the blank tile feature. And
speaking about it, there is another minor issue with blank tiles in
EXCH2: The global data files written by the model do not have the
correct length (as expected by grid dimensions in the accompanying meta
file) if the very last tile of the grid is a blank tile. The matlab
script 'rdmds' comes up with an EndOfFile error message. This can be
easily dealt with by manually adding some zeros the array in matlab, but
maybe this should be changed in the model code that writes the output,
instead of the routines for reading it.
It would be nice if you could keep me informed on this blank tile
problem (I will however be unavailable/abroad for the next 5 weeks).
Best regards
Michael Siccha