[MITgcm-support] EXCH2 grid parameters

Michael Siccha michael.siccha at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Nov 1 14:34:40 EDT 2011

Dear all,
I am running a regional oceanic model using MPI and the EXCH2 package
(single facet, just for the blank tile feature).
I am unable to find an output of the "true" grid parameters like grid
cell coordinates and face areas with this configuration. In the
generated grid data files ('XC', 'YC', etc.) the parameters are
calculated using only the data in SIZE.h, where all tiles are organized
in nPx only, same for the parameter listings in the standard output
files (STDOUT.x); the individual tiles have the "wrong" coordinates and
face areas. How can I obtain an output of the "correct" global grid
parameters with EXCH2 ? I am using the variable 'rA' in some code
modifications and would want to make sure I am using the correct values.
Many thanks in advance
Michael Siccha

--
Dr. Michael Siccha