[MITgcm-support] spurious energy sink in AIM?

David Ferreira dfer at mit.edu
Mon May 30 21:25:51 EDT 2011

Brian,
Good to hear the budget can be "closed".
That said, I don't think the large-scale precip is driven by convergence
associated with surface drag. It's mainly due to northward advection of
warm/moist air in synoptic scale systems, which then cools and condensates.

Both the KE sink and the large-scale precip increase with the eddy
activity, but I' m not convinced there is a direct relationship between
the two.
david