[MITgcm-support] Internal waves. Noise near bottom.

fancer fancer fancer.lancer at gmail.com
Mon May 2 03:25:11 EDT 2011

Jody,

I worry about noise low frequency, what come from bottom steps. For
comparison I attached the screenshots of pictures from other model. These
pictures look more clearly, perhaps for reason what this model uses
sigma-coordinate. And I trying to create the MITgcm project with similar
output. Could you tell me Is this possible?

We are investigating an internal waves in closed basin, generated as a
result of deviation of pycnocline. These deviations may be caused for
various reason, for example, wind-surge phenomena and etc. I trying to make
a serial of experiments for comparison our model and MITgcm.

Thanks for response and interest.

Sincerely,
Serge Semin