[MITgcm-support] STDOUT redirect in parallel

Neil Swart ncswart at uvic.ca
Wed Mar 23 18:12:22 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I run MITgcm in parallel on a server using the TORQUE resource manager and MOAB scheduler. The gpfs disks on the system really slow down the model if it writes to them - so I need to redirect everything to a local /scratch disk.

I use mnc for monitor, and I can easily redirect all the mnc output by specifying: mnc_outdir_str='/scratch/mnc' in data.mnc.

I'm wondering if there is there is a similarly easy run time way to redirect the STDOUT & STDERR streams to /scratch - (other than by editing eeboot_minimal.F) ?

This is probably obvious and I just don't see it.

Thanks,
Neil
Neil Swart

Climate Modelling Group