[MITgcm-support] OpenMPI and Mac Pro

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Thu Mar 3 21:18:19 EST 2011

I assume you used macports to install 64bit gcc, gfortran and openmpi. I
am using this opt file
and so far it works very well on an 8 core mac pro. Hope this helps.

CPP='/usr/bin/cpp -traditional -P'
FC=openmpif90
CC=openmpicc

LINK=openmpif90
NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'
EXTENDED_SRC_FLAG='-ffixed-line-length-132'
MPIROOT=/opt/local

S64='$(TOOLSDIR)/set64bitConst.sh'
DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4 -DNML_TERMINATOR'
INCLUDEDIRS=`pkg-config --variable=includedir`
INCLUDES=$(eval echo "-I/opt/local/include/openmpi -I/opt/local/include
"  `pkg-config --cflags`)
LIBS='-L/opt/local/lib'

#  For IEEE, use the "-ffloat-store" option
if test "x$IEEE" = x ; then
     FFLAGS='-Wunused -Wuninitialized -fno-second-underscore
-fconvert=big-endian'
     FOPTIM='-O3 -funroll-loops'
     NOOPTFLAGS='-O2 -funroll-loops'
else
     FFLAGS='-Wunused -ffloat-store -fno-second-underscore
-fconvert=big-endian'
     FOPTIM='-O0'
fi