[MITgcm-support] MPI on SGI

Nikki Lovenduski uclanik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:53:00 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to run the sector model version of MITgcm on an SGI Altix HPCC.
The model runs fine on 1 processor.  However, I am having trouble running on
16 processors:  The compilation works fine (I add -mpi to my genmake2
command and specify nPx = 2 and nPy = 8 in SIZE.h), but I get an error at
execution in the routine INI_PROCS.

*** ERROR *** S/R INI_PROCS: No. of processes not equal to nPx*nPy    1   16

This error message indicates that MPI only assigns 1 processor to my run;
whereas, it should be running on nPx*nPy=16 processors.

My job submission script specifies the correct number of processors (-n 16).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nikki

Nikki Lovenduski