[MITgcm-support] Compiling MITGCM passive tracer experiment

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 7 17:10:25 EDT 2011

staf is a script that accesses TAF, an adjoint model compiler
sold by FASTOPT (http://www.fastopt.de/)
and a follow-on of TAMC

Dimitris Menemenlis

On Jun 7, 2011, at 1:51 PM, Yuan Lian wrote:

Hi Neill,

I am not familiar with the adjoint model but apparently STAF (Software testing automation framework) and TAMC (Tangent linear and adjoint model compiler) need to be installed. Both are open source softwares.

STAF
http://staf.sourceforge.net/

TAMC
www.autodiff.com/tamc/<http://www.autodiff.com/tamc/>

It would be nice if MITgcm manual can provide a little more information about software requirements though.

Yuan