[MITgcm-support] running mitcgm on Mac pro with openmpi

Alastair McKinstry alastair.mckinstry at nuigalway.ie
Sat Jan 29 08:24:15 EST 2011

On 2011-01-29 01:26, Yuan Lian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone successfully run MITgcm on an eight-core Mac Pro?
> I am using Snow Leopard 64 bit, gfortran/gcc 4.6 and openmpi 1.5.1.
> I can compile the code without any trouble but
> 'mpirun -np 6 ./mitgcmuv' reports error with segmentation fault
> that is associated with 'libSystem.B.dylib'.

Try using 'mpiexec' rather than mpirun.
Attached is an optfile I use with a MacPro, gfortran and openmpi
It uses macports, so the paths might be slightly different, but worth
trying.

Regards
Alastair
> Maybe someone here can help? Thanks!
>
> Yuan

Alastair McKinstry,<alastair.mckinstry at nuigalway.ie>
Centre for Astronomy, National University of Ireland,Galway