[MITgcm-support] Open Boundary Conditions in MITgcm

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Feb 24 02:31:14 EST 2011

Serge,

you might have noticed that the documentation of the obcs-pkg is incomplete:
<http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node236.html>
but can find all the information about the OB_Ieast etc. indices and other run-time parameters. For more you'll have to consult the code in pkg/obcs and the corresponding experiments in verification I am afraid.

There is a orlanski-radiation conditions. To turn it on you need to re-compile with
#define ALLOW_ORLANSKI
in OBCS_OPTIONS.h and useOrlanskiNorth/South/East/West=.true. for the boundary of intererst. There are some experiments that use this option (e.g. tutorial_plume_on_slope, dome). If you are not happy with that, you'll need to implement something on your own.

I hope this helps,
Martin