[MITgcm-support] changing deltaT based on CFL criterion

fancer fancer fancer.lancer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 11:36:23 EST 2011

Hi Jody,

I did not develop this feature, but I guess it is very useful. In my
opinion this workaround should be optional, for example it can be switched
in data file using bool variable: deltaTCFLCorrection={true,false}.
In fact I don't see critical obstacles for such feature implementing.
In addition MITgcm user needs to know when this procedure changes the
deltaT variabe. Therefore these changes must be reflected using one of the
monitors.

Sergey Semin
PHD student
department of Applied Mathematics