[MITgcm-support] MNC and variable types

Michael Bates m.bates at student.unsw.edu.au
Tue Aug 16 03:13:19 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I'm using MNC for diagnostics and would like my variables to be output as doubles instead of floats.  At the moment only variables with a single dimension are output as double precision.  But, I'd like the rest of them to also be written as double precision too.

I haven't been able to find any switches to get doubles instead of floats in MNC, and was wondering if someone knew how to get the model to output its diagnostic variables as double precision in netcdf format?

Thanks,
Michael