[MITgcm-support] Running offline example in parallel

Neill Mackay neill_mackay at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:45:21 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I've overcome the problem of being unable to read the bathy.bin file by adding the following flags to my options file for genmake2:

-assume byterecl
-convert big_endian

However now I have a new problem. When I try to run the model, it crashes with the following output to standard error:

(PID.TID 0001.0001) *** ERROR ***  MDS_READ_FIELD: filename: input_off/uVeltave.0000000014 , input_off/uVeltave.0000000014.002.001.data
(PID.TID 0001.0001) *** ERROR ***  MDS_READ_FIELD: Files DO not exist

I've attached the standard out and standard error files. It searches for the files with names e.g. uVeltave.0000000014.001.001.data and finds them, as these are what I have been using when running on one processor, but then it looks for the above named files and obviously they aren't there. How is this designed to work for parallel runs?

Thanks,

Neill.