[MITgcm-support] Running offline example in parallel

Neill Mackay neill_mackay at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 10:46:55 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty setting up the offline experiment to run in parallel. I've managed to get it to compile OK, but when I run it the output (attached) ends with the following:

(PID.TID 0000.0001)  MDS_READ_FIELD: opening global file: bathy.bin

And in the output from mpi (also attached), the following message appears several times:

forrtl: severe (36): attempt to access non-existent record, unit 9, file /gpfs/env/jys10tau/MITGCM/verification/tutorial_offline/run/bathy.bin

I'm trying to run this initially on 8 processors, with a grid which is 240x30, divided up into 8 tiles of 30x30 each (see SIZE.h file attached). The bathy.bin file I'm using has a grid of 240x30 to match. I've had a good look through the manual and support history, and I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Neill.