[MITgcm-support] parallelizing tutorial examples

Neil Swart ncswart at uvic.ca
Thu Apr 28 13:22:37 EDT 2011

Hi Francis,
I've had this happen a few times: Basically, you need to make sure that the grid of your domain (set in SIZE.h) matches the input data in topog.bin (i.e. both have the same number of grid points).

Typically in the verification experiments the size of topog.bin is set up in a matlab script called gendata.m in the input directory (you can set nx and ny).

In SIZE.h, your domain size Nx  = sNx*nSx*nPx and Ny  = sNy*nSy*nPy

If you have changed the number of processors, nPy or nPx, then your domain size will have changed, and might not match with topog.bin. So you need to make sure these are consistent.

Hope that helps,
Neil

Neil Swart
Climate Modelling Group