[MITgcm-support] parallelizing tutorial examples

Francis Poulin fpoulin at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 28 13:05:04 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've just started using the MITgcm and I have a rather simple questions.  I've been able to run many of the tutorials in serial and they work beautifully.  To run them in parallel requires some alterations and I'm hoping to find a list of what needs to be done.  What I've figured out so far is:

1) Need to change the OPTFILE.  I think I've done this correctly since it compiles ok.

2) Need to change the SIZE.h file (I actually used the SIZE.h_mpi that I found in exp2).

3) When I ran it there was a problem with topog.bin.  I presume this means that I need to recreate the data file in a way that is consistent with MPI?

I've looked through the manual and haven't found anything that lists all the necessary changes.  I thought I'd ask just in case someone has done this already.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Francis

Francis Poulin
Assistant Professor