[MITgcm-support] "gluemnc grid.t*.nc" omits many variables

Maarten Buijsman Maarten.Buijsman at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 23 15:13:14 EDT 2010

Dear modelers

I use the pearl scripts gluemnc/xplodemnc to combine my netcdf tile files.

For example:  "gluemnc state.0000000000.t*.nc" produces a nice
state.0000000000.glob.nc file that has the same variables as in the
state.0000000000.t*.nc files.

However, when I do "gluemnc grid.t*.nc" I produce a grid.glob.nc file
that only has variables RC RF RU RL drC and drF, while the grid.t*.nc
files have variables Depth dxC dxF dxG dxV dyC dyF dyG dyU fCoriG fCori
HFacC HFacS HFacW rA rAs rAw rAz R_low Ro_surf XC XG YC YG. Clearly many
variables are omitted. Why?

By the way, "gluemnc *.nc" does not work either.

These are some error message examples:
ncpdq: ERROR unable to determine method for remote retrieval of
Depth.grid.gloy.1018.nc
ncrcat: ERROR unable to determine method for remote retrieval of
dyU.grid.gloy.*.nc
ncrcat: ERROR unable to determine method for remote retrieval of
dyU.grid.glob.nc

Did other folks had the same issue and has it been addressed?

thanks!

Maarten Buijsman

--
Maarten Buisman (maarten.buijsman at noaa.gov)