[MITgcm-support] using mnc

Dave Spiegel dsp at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Oct 21 16:26:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have been trying to compile a with netcdf, but I getting an error message:

WARNING: the "mnc" package was enabled but tests failed to compile
  NetCDF applications.  Please check that:

  1) NetCDF is correctly installed for this compiler and
  2) the LIBS variable (within the "optfile") specifies the correct
       NetCDF library to link against.

  Due to this failure, the "mnc" package is now DISABLED.

So, I set
LIBS='-L/usr/lib64'
which did not help and then tried setting
LIBS='-L/usr/lib64/libnetcdf.a -L/usr/lib64/libnetcdf_c++.a
-L/usr/lib64/libnetcdff.a'
which also did not help.  Am I specifying the right sort of thing in the
optfile?  Any thoughts?

Thanks you,
Dave