[MITgcm-support] mpi with 4 processors

Holly Dail hdail at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 1 13:56:12 EDT 2010

Hi Angela -

Your problem, especially the 2-D one, may simply be too small to benefit from more than 2 processors (i.e. the added communication costs of using 4 isn't compensating for the faster computation).  Have you found that the nSx=6 is helpful for your machine?  I'm currently running on 24 processors (Pleiades) with the following SIZE.h:

     &           sNx = 20,
     &           sNy = 27,
     &           OLx =   3,
     &           OLy =   3,