[MITgcm-support] Problem of loading bathmetry file

何映晖 heyinghui1984 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 12:50:53 EDT 2010

Dear all,
    I am using MITgcm to run a global ocean model with varible grid-space.
In order to fit the configuration i want, i have modified the  tutorial
example "tutorial_global_latlon". after I checked the  results, I found that
only a part of grids have been assigned. There were 663*558 grids, but only
the former part(663*170 grids) have been correctly assigned in the depth
output file, while the depth on rest grids are zero.
  The "data" file is in attachment. And the following is "SIZE.h" file:

C $Header:
/u/gcmpack/MITgcm/verification/tutorial_global_oce_latlon/code/SIZE.h,v 1.1
2006/07/14 20:35:22 jmc Exp $
C $Name:  $
C     /==========================================================\
C     | SIZE.h Declare size of underlying computational grid.    |
C     |==========================================================|
C     | The design here support a three-dimensional model grid   |
C     | with indices I,J and K. The three-dimensional domain     |
C     | is comprised of nPx*nSx blocks of size sNx along one axis|
C     | nPy*nSy blocks of size sNy along another axis and one    |
C     | block of size Nz along the final axis.                   |
C     | Blocks have overlap regions of size OLx and OLy along the|
C     | dimensions that are subdivided.                          |
C     \==========================================================/
C     Voodoo numbers controlling data layout.
C     sNx - No. X points in sub-grid.
C     sNy - No. Y points in sub-grid.
C     OLx - Overlap extent in X.
C     OLy - Overlat extent in Y.
C     nSx - No. sub-grids in X.
C     nSy - No. sub-grids in Y.
C     nPx - No. of processes to use in X.
C     nPy - No. of processes to use in Y.
C     Nx  - No. points in X for the total domain.
C     Ny  - No. points in Y for the total domain.
C     Nr  - No. points in Z for full process domain.
      INTEGER sNx
      INTEGER sNy
      INTEGER OLx
      INTEGER OLy
      INTEGER nSx
      INTEGER nSy
      INTEGER nPx
      INTEGER nPy
      INTEGER Nx
      INTEGER Ny
      INTEGER Nr
      PARAMETER (
     &           sNx =  221,
     &           sNy =  279,
     &           OLx =   3,
     &           OLy =   3,
     &           nSx =   1,
     &           nSy =   1,
     &           nPx =   3,
     &           nPy =   2,
     &           Nx  = sNx*nSx*nPx,
     &           Ny  = sNy*nSy*nPy,
     &           Nr  =  25)
C     MAX_OLX  - Set to the maximum overlap region size of any array
C     MAX_OLY    that will be exchanged. Controls the sizing of exch
C                routine buufers.
      INTEGER MAX_OLX
      INTEGER MAX_OLY
      PARAMETER ( MAX_OLX = OLx,
     &            MAX_OLY = OLy )
  Any helps will be appreciate!

--
Yinghui He
South China Sea Institute of Oceanology,