[MITgcm-support] new matlab (R2010a) and rdmnc

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri May 14 03:26:33 EDT 2010

Hi all,

for some time now, matlab has its own netcdf API. Because of this our system admins do not want to maintain the "mexcdf-matlab" toolbox (originally by Chuck Denham) any longer, that is required for useful function such as "ncload" (actually part of this toolbox), and more important for the MITgcm-user group, rdmnc.m

Has anyone attempted to modify rdmnc.m to use the generic matlab netcdf API and is willing to share the results? I am refering to this:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/netcdf.html