[MITgcm-support] Zonal velocity bands

Neil Swart ncswart at uvic.ca
Fri Mar 26 15:03:56 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,

If I check  advcfl_wvel_max, it remains low. I have also tried to
rectify the problem by tapering the windstress near the boundaries,
or setting it to zero. A strong tapering does help, but in general
does not solve the problem. I will try and pursue this more.

(PID.TID 0011.0001) %MON advcfl_wvel_max              =
9.5183183632057E-05

thanks,
Neil

Neil Swart