[MITgcm-support] model and ptracer starts at different times

David Munday munday at atm.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 10:37:49 EDT 2010

Hi Suneet,

In data.ptracers you can set PTRACERS_Iter0 to specify the timestep at which the tracers should be initialised. If you make this larger than nIter0, in data, you can delay the start of your tracer experiment relative to the physics only part.

Best wishes,

Dave

On 16 Mar 2010, at 02:56, Suneet Dwivedi wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
> Could you please tell me how can I start model integration and passive tracer integration at different times. In my case, I wish to run an assimilation experiment from 1 March onwards where passive tracer data is available only after 10 March whereas other dataset are available from 1 March. I wish to run the experiment in such a way so that model starts to integrate from 1 March whereas passive tracer package from 10 March onwards. How can I do this with MITgcm? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Suneet _______________________________________________

Dr. David R. Munday
University of Oxford
Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Planetary Physics
Clarendon Laboratory
Parks Road
Oxford
OX1 3PU
U.K.                 01865 272 093

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
     - W.B. Yeats, He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven -