[MITgcm-support] BLOCKING_EXCHANGES slowdown when using pkg/ptracers on Columbia

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Mar 11 05:52:23 EST 2010

Hi Dimitris,

I observed a huge slowdown with ptracers as well, the solution was to copy ptracers into a new 5D-array where the 3rd index (k) is nPtracer*Nr long, and then use one exchange for that (and I think I had to hack the corresponding exchange routine to have it allow such large arrays). Can provide code if required.

Martin