[MITgcm-support] Error in reading the input files

ankur gupta ang014 at ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 1 17:03:31 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to use Large&Yeager bulk formulation EXF package for computing
heat and momentum fluxes at the surface of a 1X1 resolution ocean model. I
have written my input files using matlab in single precision and
little-endian.

To check if the written data is in correct format, I used a simple fortran
code to read the input files before providing it to MITgcm. Using
unformatted, direct access, recl=N*4 (N is number of data
points=nx_in*ny_in) I was able to read the input files correctly. Please
note if I use big-endian to write my files the fortran code doesn't read it
properly. I am using a linux machine and initially thought that big-endian
should have worked.

However when I run MITgcm and write the data (read by subroutine
exf_interp_read) to a separate file I again get incorrectly formatted data.
The exf_iprec is set to 32 in data.exf.

Can anyone see where is the error, let me know if I should specify more of
the configuration parameters I am using to help you trace the error.

Regards,
Ankur