[MITgcm-support] 'repeatPeriod' in data.exf

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 22 12:23:21 EDT 2010

Suneet, a work-around for the lack of support for subdaily forcing and leap years of repeatPeriod is to generate 4 years (365*3+366=1461 days) of forcing and to set the repeat period to 126230400. (1461 days).

If you use daily forcing fields, then the leap year limitation is not an issue for you.  Just provide 366 days of forcing and set repeatperiod to (365.25*86400).

What you describe below will work except that repeatperiod will never be used in the case of monthly-mean forcing.

Good luck with your experiments, Dimitris