[MITgcm-support] oscillating mean flow

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:42:12 EDT 2010

Hi Mark,

If you have a prescribed constant inflow and outflow on east/west
boundaries a pressure gradient will be set up to allow this mean zonal
jet -- the rotation you see may be a spin-up issue -- or maybe the
oscillation causes it to go unstable

i would set up the mean flow first and run to equilibrium -- then
initialize with this state when you add your oscillation.

-Matt