[MITgcm-support] MDSREADFIELD problem

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Jul 21 12:11:13 EDT 2010

Hi Li,

two things:
1) it's better to use the MITgcm-support list to report this type of
  problem.
2) the error message is easier to interpret than the problem you had
last time (Jul 14: Subject: [MITgcm-support] a quick compile question)
but the reason is the same:
I think you are mixing pieces of code form 2 different versions
and the error you are getting here "ABNORMAL END: S/R MDSREADFIELD is retired"
indicate that in some (old) source code you still have a call to this
MDSREADFIELD subroutine but the routine has been "officially" retired
(with a stop in it).

Thanks,
Jean-Michel