[MITgcm-support] LOOP WAS VECTORIZED

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jul 20 02:26:00 EDT 2010

Hi Li,

as pointed out before, this is just a informational message by the compiler that a certain loop was vectorized. Vectorization usually improves performance, so seeing this message is usally good. Vectorization can change the results (at the truncation level), so sometimes you want to suppress vectorization, but I think in your case you should not worry about this. With "my" ifort, the vectorization is enabled by the "-x", and you can control the length of the messages by -vec-report[n], default for n=1, I guess -vec-report0 turns off the messages. See "man ifort" for more details on these compiler options.

M.