[MITgcm-support] High vertical velocity/noise next to land

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jan 28 08:41:03 EST 2010

Hi David,

good question.
I think ISOTROPIC_COS_SCALING should be defined ISOTROPIC_COS_SCALING, but make shure that is only applies to the gad_*.F files (-> GAD_OPTIONS.h), and not the mom_*.F files.
In an effort to reduce the horizontal diffusion as much as possible, I usually set diffKh/4T/S so zero and use an unconditionally stable advection scheme (such as 33).

Martin