[MITgcm-support] adjoint for MITgcm before checkpoint61 and staf flag -nonew_arg

Santha Akella santha.akella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 00:55:29 EST 2010


I use old version--checkpoint59g.

I followed your idea, modified staf and included the -nonew_arg, lines look
just as you said:
       -openmp|-openmp1)        OPTIONS="$OPTIONS $1"; shift;;
        -ompjac|-ignore-omp)     OPTIONS="$OPTIONS $1"; shift;;
        -mpi|-craypointer)       OPTIONS="$OPTIONS $1"; shift;;
        -new|-nonew_arg)         OPTIONS="$OPTIONS $1"; shift;;
        -free)                   OPTIONS="$OPTIONS $1"; FREE=1; shift;;

Next I built with MITgcm/tools/adjoint_options/adjoint_default which gives
me the -nonew_arg in AD_TAF_FLAGS.

I added -version 1.9.48 and i got taf errors, it did not make
ad_taf_output.f, also it does not like -z option in AD_TAF_FLAGS. So I
removed -z from the AD_TAF_FLAGS and put -version 1.9.22. TAF produced the
adjoint subroutines. I did a simple test and the adjoint code finished
without any errors.
Thanks a lot for the help! Santha

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Patrick Heimbach <heimbach at mit.edu> wrote:

> PS:
> Once you've modified your staf script as indicated, you probably will be
> able to also use TAF version 1.9.48
> Patrick
> ---
> Patrick Heimbach
> Work:   +1-617-253-5259
> Mobile: +1-617-642-3481
> http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach <http://www.mit.edu/%7Eheimbach>
> On Jan 25, 2010, at 23:36, Patrick Heimbach <heimbach at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> 1.9.48
> _______________________________________________
> MITgcm-support mailing list
> MITgcm-support at mitgcm.org
> http://mitgcm.org/mailman/listinfo/mitgcm-support
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/attachments/20100126/1ad823b4/attachment.htm>

More information about the MITgcm-support mailing list