[MITgcm-support] bottom pressure diagnostics

Oliver Jahn jahn at mit.edu
Fri Feb 5 09:43:23 EST 2010

Hi,

as far as I can tell, the surface contribution is added at the end of
diags_phi_rlow.F.  HOWEVER, prior to cvs 2010-01-15, the vertical
integral did not take the stretching of the column with nonlinFreeSurf=4
into account, i.e., the diagnostic computed

   PHIBOT = gravity*ETAN + Depth/(Depth+ETAN) * gravity * \int
(rho/rhoConst) dr

rather than

   PHIBOT = gravity*ETAN + gravity * \int (rho/rhoConst) dr

You may want to correct for this.

Oliver