[MITgcm-support] bottom pressure diagnostics

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 4 11:33:07 EST 2010

Jean-Michel, I will be very interested to hear your answer too.

Martin, up to now, I have always assumed that PHIBOT is the bottom pressure,
specifically that PHIBOT in m^2/s^2 is the anomaly relative to Depth * rhonil * g
so that the absolute bottom pressure in Pa is:
Depth * rhonil * g + PHIBOT * rhonil

6-hourly output of ETAN and PHIBOT is available for cube78 and cub81
is available online and on skylla.

Dimitris