[MITgcm-support] nonhydrostatic w boundary condition

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Apr 19 11:53:06 EDT 2010

Hi David,

Just to add a precision:
The reason why there is a call to OBCS_APPLY_W is because wVel in
the OB region is used to compute the tendency of vertical velocity (gW)
in the interior near the OB (horizontal advection of wVel, viscosity ...).
I don't think it will work if you try to add a relaxation (sponge) on wVel
in the interior near the OB (because it has to satisfy the continuity eq.).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel