[MITgcm-support] diagnostics: diagstats

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Apr 19 03:29:21 EDT 2010

Hi Jean-Michel,

I am fine with point 1, I was just surprised because I never thought about it and used, e.g. SIheff_ave*SIheff_vol as total seaice volume, which is obviously wrong.

Point 2: again, I had never thought about this. I have the (from the diagstats point of view) perverted situation, where I have ocean fields for which I want the masks for averaging, and atmospheric fields, where I want the global averages also over land. I guess I'll have to write my own code for averging the atmospheric fields (or do this offline). How is this done for AIM, Fizhi, and Jeff's atmospheric model, where you most like want to have averages that include "over-land" values.

Martin