[MITgcm-support] (no subject)

Blundell J.R. jeff at noc.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 12:56:25 EDT 2009

I'm trying to add some diagnostics (components of topographic form stress)
to MITgcm, and I'm a bit confused. The obvious thing to do would seem to
be to modify diagnostics_init_early.F to define the appropriate cdiag, tdiag,
etc, (which puts them into the common block "DIAGNOSTICS.h"), and then
to activate them in diagnostics_main_init.F by appropriate use of
CALL DIAGNOSTICS_ADDTOLIST (argument list) .
However, those things needed for argument list, and defined in
"DIAGNOSTICS.h" aren't visible within diagnostics_main_init.F
because the common block isn't included. I guess I can fix this by
including the common block in my personal version of
diagnostics_main_init.F as well as modifying the ADDTOLIST calls,
but it would seem easier to just #include "DIAGNOSTICS.h" in the
standard distribution version. Or am I missing something here?

                                              Jeff Blundell

|                    e-mail:  jeff at noc.soton.ac.uk                   |
|   Jeff Blundell,  Room 256/09  |  Ocean Modelling & Forecasting,   |
|    phone: +44 [0]23 8059 6201  |  National Oceanography Centre,    |
|     fax : +44 [0]23 8059 6204  |  Southampton, Empress Dock,       |
|                                |  SOUTHAMPTON SO14 3ZH, UK.        |
|               WWW:  http://www.noc.soton.ac.uk/omf/                |