[MITgcm-support] hfac question

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 6 12:37:09 EDT 2009

Hi David,

Yeah, using hFacC for transport on the open boundaries seems
consistent with my understanding of the implementation.  I think you
are correct that the value of  hFacW came from periodicity -- but is
not relevant to the prescription of OBCS values, and this is why hFacC
is used.

I believe this must be why when one uses OBCS they should have
Depth(1,:) = Depth(2,:).  So that hFacW(2,:) = hFacC(1,:) and
everything remains consistent.

-Matt