[MITgcm-support] Loading a new variable

Nicolas Grisouard nicolas.grisouard at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Thu Nov 26 05:46:38 EST 2009

Hi,

I think I tried like a year ago (not sure what the exact package was
though). I might have not gotten it right but I came to the
conclusion that I only had 2 options: either to set a constant
forcing (which seems to be te case in exp4, but which is not the case
in my experiment) or to reload a new file at each time step, which
was nearly doubling the computing time.

My idea is to load the spatial stucture of the forcing once and for
all, like tRef, and then to apply a time propagator at each time
step. The spatial structure as no simple analytical formulation,
unlike the time propagator which is simply exp(iwt). Following Jody's
links, I am modifying load_ref_files.F to add a new variable and I
think it should work... shouldn't it?

Nico.