[MITgcm-support] Restarting with multiple time steps

Abbas Dorostkar dorostkara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:13:03 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I want to run a model for 11 days with multiple time steps. First, I run the
model with the time time step of 50 sec and got pickup.0000003456.* files
from this run. My original data file was as follows:

 startTime=0,
 endTime=950400,
 deltaT=50,
 chkptFreq=43200,
 dumpFreq=1200,

Then, I restarted the model with the time step of 25 sec. New data file was
as follows:

niter0= 3456,
nTimeSteps=31104
baseTime= 86400
deltaTclock=25
deltaT=50,

When I did this (changing the time step and restarting the model), I got
some error. However, I don't get any error by restarting the model without
changing the time step. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know you
comments.

Thanks
Abbas