[MITgcm-support] Single reduction CG solver for pressure

Christopher L. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 16 18:26:49 EDT 2009

Hi modelers,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to implement D'Azevedo et
al.'s single reduction re-arrangement of the CG solver in cg2d. The
GC solver currently does three reductions per step---one of which
just checks the residual---and I find the model spends a lot of time
waiting for the reductions to complete (especially on the Cray XTs).
I think I may benefit from a rearrangement of the CG solver to reduce
the number of global reductions, but I don't want to reinvent the
wheel if someone else has already done it.

Cheers,
Christopher

Dr. Christopher L. Wolfe                   858-534-4560
Physical Oceanography Research Division    OAR 357
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD  clwolfe at ucsd.edu