[MITgcm-support] Surface gravity waves?

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 12 15:23:38 EDT 2009

Amato, you don't need to explicitly resolve surface gravity waves in
order to simulate storm surges.
For example in the this paper: http://ecco2.org/manuscripts/2007/gibraltar.pdf
storm surges were simulated using typical MITgcm implicit free surface
settings.

If you want to resolve surface gravity waves rather than treat them
implicitly,
I am guessing that all you need to do is to reduce deltat, the model
time step.

Dimitris