[MITgcm-support] cal, exf, obcs: problem at the tile boundaries

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 3 15:01:23 EDT 2009

you can use useExfCheckRange=.FALSE. in data.exf EXF_NML_01
so the model runs and dumps something.  with forcing like that it will
crash right away
so at best you will be able to obtain one or two time steps.

I'd run twice for a couple of time steps, once with monitorfreq set to
0 so model does not stop with crazy values

and once with debulevel=3 and monitorfreq=1, so you dump as much as
possible to look see where anomaly originates.

I assume you are using bulk formulae so anomaly could also come from
your initial conditions.

good luck, D.