[MITgcm-support] Re: EXF package: useExfYearlyFields=.FALSE.

Madeline Miller madeline at caltech.edu
Fri Jul 17 21:15:51 EDT 2009

Dimitri and Martin,

I am trying to replicate my setup/the error with one of the simpler
verification experiments, but that has led to more questions.

1) Dimitri, what forcing are you using in the lab_sea experiment? If I want
to use cube78 forcing data do I need to worry about grid interpolation when
defining my lat_inc/lon_inc parameters in data.exf?

2) The EXF package code that downloads with the verification experiments
appears to be different than the current code; for example it requires the
use of wind stress data instead of wind velocity data. Is there a reason for
this?  If there are differences between the verification EXF code and the
current EXF code like this, does testing with the verification experiments
still make sense?  Or, do you recommend compiling the current code with the
verification experiment parameter/input files?

In the meantime I'm attaching my data.exf and data.cal files because maybe
my problem is something very simple that you will recognize right away;
Dimitri, you can also look in /nobackup2f/madeline/MITgcm/run4_pal02

Best,

Madeline