[MITgcm-support] EXF package: useExfYearlyFields=.FALSE.

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Jul 17 06:04:34 EDT 2009

Madeline,

This is what exf is supposed to do:
with
uwindfile = 'mywind.bin',
it looks for 'mywind.bin', unless you specify
useEXFYearlyFields = .true.,
then it looks for 'mywind.bin_????', where ???? is the appropriate
year (e.g. 1994) according to your settings in data.cal and data.exf
(parameters startDate_1/2 and uwindstartdate1+2).
All of this should be independent of the value of repeatPeriod.

What you describe sounds as pkg/exf is not doing what it's supposed to
do. Can I suggest that you try to reproduce the problem with a simple
example (maybe one of the verification experiments, e.g. lab_sea,
global_with_exf)? That would be easier for us to reproduce as well and
debug.
Or/and you can send the content of your data.exf and data.cal

Martin